Sunday, April 12, 2009

Happy Easter!

We had a wonderful day celebrating the Lord's resurrection today. We spent time with other believers at church eating and then celebrating life and hope. Jon and I then had friends over for a feast later in the day. Jon and I made a turkey for the first time! It was edible and actually ok :) We had such a great time just talking and laughing with our friends. They say laughter is good for the soul - it was good for mine today :)

I was reminded of the healing God has done in my life, His power, and the hope I continue to hold onto... as time and time again I see His faithfulness. While I seek God each day, it is refreshing and encouraging to remember Christ's sacrifice that has brought life and hope into this world. We are so blessed to be surrounded by a community of friends, and even moreso to be able to see the work of Christ in their lives and our own. Sometimes it is easy for me to struggle with my faith - especially since God is not a tangeable human person who I can sit and talk with. However, I am reminded again that He has walked on this earth, and even though He may not be able to come and talk with me and give me a hug, I see His hand continually in the world around me. The beauty of truth to me is that there is nothing that can make it become un-truth. Even when my questioning becomes the strongest, God answers my need of assurance through revealing Himself through people, nature, or even an inner peace and insight into my own life and who He is.

Today was a special gift.

2 comments:

  1. Adorable bunny picture! (This is Lauren, one of Jon's friends from JCHS, in case you're wondering who is leaving comments on your blog!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. God is so good. More than you even know, I see His hand of blessing, healing and hope in your life. You have a beautiful heart, made specially by HIM.

    AND EZZIE IS SO ADORABLE!!!! I just can't get over it. He must have a great mom and dad!

    ReplyDelete