Tuesday, August 25, 2009

8 months!



8 Month Photo Shoot - Discovering the Basil, taking a stand, and loving on Gerry the Giraffe


Getting his crawl on!

I love the stage Ezzie is in right now. I know, I know - I have loved them all, but it just keeps getting better! This month Ezzie has been crawling backwards, and is beginning to make his way forwards. He does an arm, arm, leg, leg, flop things, but he has moved about 2 feet forward! No matter where I put him sitting up, he keeps laying himself down and trying to move. One of my favorite moments was when he first crawled forward. Jon and I were on the couch, and Ezzie on the floor. We both called to him with a lot of enthusiasm. Ezzie was so overcome by excitement that his face lit up and he began crawling (one crawl I might add) without thinking and just trying to be near us. I hope I have his expression etched in my mind forever - it was priceless :)

One of my favorite things right now is that Ezzie giggles up a storm so much easier than before. I simply squeeze his little tummy and tickle him and he laughs so hard! I often find myself so overwhelmed with pride and joy in him. He makes my heart swell with happiness :)

Ezzie is beginning fingerfoods, and the two little teeth are beginning to surface little by little. Hopefully he will have some teethy grins by 9 months :)


The onesie, Daddy and Ezzie going to Daddy's Aero meeting

Ezzie finally can wear the onesie I made for his daddy when I found out he was coming. It says, "Don't worry, my daddy's a pilot." For those of you who know Jon well, he commonly will say, "Don't worry, I'm a pilot."


The pool, Ezzie doing what he does best - chewing on things :)

As our summer is drawing to a close, we are taking advantage of the pool Grandma got for Ezzie. He loves sitting in it and splashing. Summer run long here, so hopefully we can get another month out of it!

Speaking of summer - it is finally drawing to a close. We have had a couple of mild, non-humid days this past week which offer us promise of a beautiful fall. Ahh, changing leaves and cool, non-humid days. Something SO needed!

2 comments:

  1. Tam - Ezzie is adorable and looks like such a happy baby! So glad to hear things are going well. I love the pics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE the pics, Tam! He is getting so big!

    ReplyDelete