Thursday, August 26, 2010

Scandinavian Festival and Reunion

So, this August was a monumental time for Jon.  He had his 10 year high school reunion, and it was the 50th anniversary of the Scandinavian Festival - in which he has danced and been a part of since he was a wee little tot.  We had such a blast!  The festival was so much fun, and did not have your traditional fair fare.  The majority of the food was Scandinavian or European, and they had dancing and other events all day - the fun kind of dancing that doesn't all look the same :)

Jon lit up like it was Christmas as the festival, and Ezzie was super cute in how he just took everything in.  You'll notice in the pictures the authentic costumes Jon and his family wear - Ezzie joined the ranks, but I didn't :)  I was in charge of the pictures :)

Ezzie had a blast with his grandma, grandpa, auntie and uncle - as you can see from the pics below :)

I also loved getting to know and meet Jon's friends.  I had met many of them before, and had a great time catching up.  His friends, who I had only heard of, were a lot of fun to talk with as well.  Being up in Oregon made me wish, again, that we lived closer.  At this point we do not sense God leading us that direction, but in 3 years, when our commitment to LETU is over.. we hope that is where we end up :)

Jon also took me to see his grandma's house.  We visited her gravesite as well.  Jon loved her so much, and I was not fortunate enough to meet her - she passed away the summer before I met Jon.  She sounds like such an awesome woman - I look forward to meeting her in heaven someday :)


No comments:

Post a Comment