Friday, May 13, 2011

It has been awhile....

Since I last posted, we have added a beautiful little (chunky-monkey :)) girl into our family, and have purchased our first home!  It is not like we haven't been busy or anything :)  We have until the end of May to move our of this current home.

I have to say, I am a bit sad.  Yes, the commercial ceiling tiles, brown linolium in the kids room, yellow hexagonal kitchen countertop tile, lack of insulation, etc... are not exactly things we will shed tears over when we move.. but, this house was the place we brought Ezzie and Lina home to for the first time (and our dog Kass).  The place where so many "firsts" have occurred.  I love sitting at the kitchen table and looking out at the neighborhood and up at the large trees as the wind makes their branches and leaves dance.  I love sitting on the porch and playing with our kids and the neighborhood kids.  Despite us living "in the hood," I have made so many wonderful friends, and will miss my neighbors dearly... especially our 2(am)oclock conversations over the phone about the gunshots and such.  I have teared up a number of times at the thought of leaving, and may shed a few more tears as we lock the door for the last time and say goodbye.  While I love an adventure, I do very poorly with endings.

As we update the house we will be calling home in just 3 weeks, I'll try to do better with posts :)


Here are some fun pics for now :)
 
Our Old House
Our New Home (My panoramic attempt :))

Our kids when they were both 7 months old!

The BEST Mother's Day ever.. well, so far :)

No comments:

Post a Comment