Friday, May 20, 2011

Mommy's Get-away...

Last night my tutoring session was cancelled.  Thanks to my loving husband, I was shooed out the door to have some "Tamryn-time."  I have been aching for this for awhile.  Sure, I have some space when the kids are down for a nap... but there is a difference in the quiet when they are napping, and my ears are still attuned to their cries, and the quiet of Starbucks, or some other place, where I don't have to even think about their waking up and wanting to play.

My first stop was an errand-stop - Lowe's - our new best friends.  I then went to Starbucks.  I didn't noticed how many women about my age were there.. all by themselves, like me.  One was reading a book intently, the other was just sitting with headphones on, and I was journalling.  I imagine these women were also having some alone time. 

Target was my last stop.  I love the coffee at Starbucks, and the ambiance, but my activities there are limited.  Target is my go-to for some refreshing time by myself.  Surprise-surprise, more moms by themselves :)  I actually got to look around as slowly as I wanted.  I came up with 2 amazing deals after coupons - 2 shirts for myself totalling 74 cents!  I also found some tights for Lina for this next cold season for 74cents each!

When I was younger, I didn't always like shopping with my Mom.  The trips that I look back on with bad memories are the ones where it seemed like we were in a store for hours while my mom combed each aisle.  I know I loved many of the shopping trips my Mom took my on... but now I have a little more sympathy for my Mom on the trips that I disliked so much - she must have been needing some space!  I guess there was no one to babysit me when she needed the space the most :)  I never thought I would love combing each aisle as much as I do at this stage in life.  Obviously, a lot of moms feel the same way (and maybe some daddys too?).  Sorry I gave you such a hard time Mom!

So, now that I have had some space I am more rejuvenated, and I look forward to my next outing by myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment