Thursday, April 5, 2012

Realizations in Play-Dough


The other day I pulled out the play-dough.  Like the many times before, Ezzie, Lina and I sat down and played quietly for 45 minutes.  I loved it, and clearly my kids loved it enough to focus on it without any fuss or fighting between them.

I forgot how much I enjoyed just playing play-dough.

I thought about this.  I realized I often forget.

When Jon and I put the kids down, we often find ourselves in the predicament of what to do.  Jon is usually all about wanting to play a game or play the Wii.  I typically just respond with not knowing what I want to do, but not wanting to play a game (2 people is too small of a group!), or the Wii (it just seems like so much work!).

But, when I agree to do something other than watching a show (my preference is MASH, a brainless quirky show, or a cooking show), I find I love it.  I realize I forgot how much I loved it.

I am very indecisive.  Not because I don't have an opinion.  I am just really afraid of making decisions, and making the wrong choices.  I often feel really insecure about having an opinion, and then find myself confused by what I actually want.

I am still growing in even knowing myself, and what I prefer - 31 years of experience in this... too bad there isn't a job I can apply for :)

I love learning through my kids.  The other day play dough made me stop and think.  Next time Jon and I are discussing what to do, and I am not sick, I might even be the one to suggest playing the Wii or playing a game :)

No comments:

Post a Comment