Friday, May 4, 2012

Five Minute Friday

Today I'm linking up with The Gypsy Mama for Five Minute Friday

1. Write for 5 minutes flat – no editing, no over thinking, no backtracking
2. Link back here and invite others to join in.
3. Please visit the person who linked up before you & encourage them in their comments.


Real...


My first thoughts do to today... the fight my husband and I had over the optometrist, and not having the correct insurance information, and our constant struggle with communication.  From there I can't help by smile and tear up at how the honesty we live our lives by can cause so much frustration, but brings so much healing for us both as we work through it.


I think of vulnerability, and how messy it can be... and how awkward at times... but how it is so worth it.


I think about how my kids live lives marked by being real more than I can say of myself publically or many adults I know.  I love my kids, and even Ezzie's comments about women being pregnant in the store, and all of the things he is beginning to say.


I think about freedom.  How being real brings freedom, and so much more intimacy than I ever have known.


I think about my husband again, and am so grateful that our marriage is not based on roles and rules, but based on the giftings God has given us, and our continual movement towards loving, accepting, and respecting one another.  That we don't have to force ourselves into the roles that our culture, and even churches, push us into, but instead live our lives, and trust God for His guidance in how we love one another.


Being real means vulnerability, life and freedom to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment