Sunday, July 14, 2013

Lemon Honey Popsicles

A few weeks back I noticed 2 lone lemons laying in my fruit bin.  They were so sad and pitiful, and so I knew they needed a purpose in their lives.  Since it is summer, I knew exactly what they should be turned into: popsicles.

Though Jon and I haven't determined exactly how our sugar life looks these days, we have come to agree that the use of raw honey is one of the better types of sugar to use.  While I don't care for the flavor of honey in my coffee, I love the flavor of honey in my tea and when partnered with lemons.  So, in partnering with the concept of lemonade as a simple lemon juice-sugar-water mix, I came up with this recipe.

Now, I am a math girl, but I totally botched the end amount this recipe would make.  I didn't realize I only had enough for 3 popsicles until after I poured the golden liquid into the molds... and I didn't really care to make a mess by pouring out and adding more water, didn't have any more lemons, and didn't know if adding water would make the recipe too watery... yeah, umm.. about that.

But, they turned out amazing.  I think I discovered the perfect ratio - the golden ration!  I was glad Jon didn't care to try one (he isn't a popsicle kind of guy), because I loved them.. and I was really glad when Lina couldn't finish hers because it was too big, because mama got to finish it :)

So, here is my throw-together recipe with the use of 2 lemons.  Overall, I believe the main thing is to have equal parts of lemon juice and honey.

Lemon Honey Popsicles - The Golden Ratio
- 2 lemons (soft and juicy!)
- equal parts honey for amount of juice
- 2/3C water (or 2 parts water to your 1 part golden liquid)


Juice your lemons (notice my handy-dandy juicer.. you really should invest in one!)  Then add your honey.  Try to add equal parts honey to your lemon juice

 Add water to make 2 parts water to 1 part liquid goal.  Then fill up your popsicle molds.
 Share with your kids.. really, sharing is caring, right?
 Then, enjoy your own :)
 Anja got a lick, and will get hers later when I feed her - I do it for the children :)

No comments:

Post a Comment