Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Bathtime and Pandora

As I sit here listening to the kids playing in the bathtub with Jon supervising, and listening to Pandora (I love my "Once" station :)), I am struck by how much I love this night.

Truth be known, Jon and I got off to a rocky start this morning.  We had one of those silent phone conversations around lunch, and didn't really reconnect until he got home from dinner.  He came home with handmade cards for Ezzie and Lina - and me.  His words touched me.  We reconnected - and in the space of embracing both felt completely at peace - in complete humility towards one another.

Then I continued working on dinner with his help corralling the kids, and helping with getting dinner on the table in shifts.  We had some lovely moments with Ezzie and playing in his food - note the sarcasm.  The kids didn't finish their dinners.

Then, like normal, Jon is giving our kids a bath, while I take some space.

I don't know why this is impacting me so much right now - but I am struck by how much I love our simple, hassle-filled, normal, day-to-day.  Just thought I'd share :)

2 comments:

  1. I love reading this...keeps me praying for a godly man :) I hope you guys have a wonderful night!
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Sarah :) I wish I had some encouraging words to offer on the guy front - but I know you have heard them all - my heart goes out to you - not because you don't have a guy in your life - but because I know what it is like to have desires that God has not granted me - and it is hard to choose to consider His "no's" at the time joy... it seems like no matter what stage of life we are in... this is still a reality faced. I love you Sarah! Your life is such a great picture to me of God's faithfulness :)

    ReplyDelete