Monday, February 13, 2012

My child is a follower...

and that is a good thing.

Why this shift, you ask?  Well, sometimes it is a change in perspective that makes all the difference.  After talking with a mom of 3 - her oldest being a senior in highschool - I am encouraged with Ezzie.

She really impressed into me the importance of focusing more on teaching Ezzie what or who to follow, rather than worrying about all of the problems that could be faced in him following paths I am afraid of - bullying, being bullied, not respecting authority, not respecting others, not respecting himself, being unkind, etc.  She shared with me about teaching him Who to follow - namely teaching him to follow Christ.  I never had thought of it this way.  This really puts my soul at ease, and encourages me - this is what we want for Ezzie - for him to follow Jesus Christ.  

In our own lives - had it not been for Christ - we would have so much more pain, hopelessness, and uncertainty.  Christ has been our life, our peace, our joy, and our hope - and we want this also for our kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment